Friday, January 8, 2010

Boy Oh BoY...Have I been SLACKING!

First I'd like to apologize to my avid blog followers, if I had any!...As I was sitting here at my parent's house, Reese is fast asleep with Nana and Papa...I got to thinking about when in the heck was the last time I have posted on my blog???? NOVEMBER 10TH! ooopsy! Needless to say, life has been quite hectic, to say the least. Right after that last post came Thanksgiving, then my finals for school, then Christmas, then New Years, and here we are! School starts in just under two weeks and ohhhh how I am not looking forward to it! Gotta keep telling myself only this last semester (with the appropriate grades :) and I am DONE!

Anyways, over the past two months I have taken tons of pictures and Reese has grown tremendously! She is just getting over her FIRST cold. I am so thankful I was here at mom and dad's for this one though because it was quite draining trying to figure out what hurts, how to treat it, how to please her, how to sleep, how to get her to sleep when she can't breathe through her nose. :( It was stressful...but luckily, for the most part, she is over her cold...however now Nana and I have taken it over. But I would much rather be sick than her. It broke my heart having to push nasal saline up her little nostrils with the bulb thing and then suck out the boogers. I kept asking mom if she'd remember or hate me afterward. Again, so happy I was here to have her reassurance, guidance, and help. I tend to get quite stressed out when Reese shows any signs of not normal. I will say that although she was very congested and coughing, during the day she was, for the most part, pretty close to her fun smiling self.

Aside from Reesey being sick, we too had the normal crazy holiday madness. It was such a blast to be there and witness Reese's first Christmas as she stared in amazement of us telling her to rip open the presents. And then tons of toys and stuff all around her. It was the best feeling ever. Although my days of real sleep have long gone out the window, she is the greatest gift of all. The joy she brings to my life is indescribable. Below are some of my favorite pictures over the past two months....

Reese helping Gma Wakeman with dishes...ha...her new thing she loves it being naked! It is HILARIOUS!

This picture makes me laugh everytime I see it...Reese just being Reese and being silly in between presents...


Reese on Christmas Eve in her beautiful Christmas dress and adorable white fur coat and red shoes from Aunt Jenny


Jack waiting for Reese to drop SOMETHING or Reese will even intentionally throw something down....

Helping me unload groceries :)

Having fun at the park, enjoying the awesome weather!

Reese and Sophia helping me clean the refrigerator

Going for a walk around downtown Austin on New Years Eve

Reese and Sophia (Reese's friend who is just three months older)

Us on Christmas morning in Magnolia...Reese looks thrilled...

No comments:

Post a Comment